Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Buncha Farmers Stain Remover ~ It's A Miracle!

Oh Scout, how we loved you when you first joined our family over 3 years ago. Unfortunately, that love didn't last very long. After the first time our son spit up on you, you became a bane to my existence. Why in the world would someone make an electronic stuffed toy that could not be washed??? And, why would THAT toy become my son's absolute favorite?
Scout is never too far away from C.
Over the past three years, I have tried to 'spot clean' Scout as much as I possibly could but I always felt like he wasn't really clean. We had a scare one time when the power button on a bottom paw stopped working after I used a little too much liquid soap and water. Thankfully, he dried fine and the button started working again. After that, I've just lightly wiped him down and sprayed him with some Clorox Anywhere spray every now and then. Yes, I know that wasn't the best option, but I was running out of ideas.

Before Pic - Look at those dingy paws and nose!
Before Pic

Before Pic
Then, along comes this little miracle called the Buncha Farmers Stain Remover Stick. When we first brought it in to the store, I used it on a recently returned newborn rental package and it removed every single stain! After seeing my son dragging a now quite dingy looking Scout around the house, I had an epiphany! Why not try the stain stick on Scout? Hubby and I had already decided that we would probably have to buy a new Scout soon so I figured I didn't have anything to lose.

I started out by wetting the stain stick with some warm water and lightly rubbing it all over Scout. I had to stop and re-wet it a couple times. Then, I gently scrubbed Scout with my hands. I let him sit for about a half hour and then I took a warm, barely wet washcloth and wiped the stain remover off. This was the most time consuming part of the cleaning because I had to do it multiple times and I had to make sure the washcloth wasn't too wet. My son even got in on the action and grabbed a dry towel to wrap Scout in after his 'bath'.
After Pic ~ So clean, so fresh!

After Pic

Afterward, I placed him in the living room in front of the fan to dry quickly. He looked (and smelled) so much better! After this, I doubt I'll ever use any stain remover but Buncha Farmers again. What an awesome product! Plus, it's only $4.50 at Country Drawers with free shipping in the US! 
After Pic - that spot on his nose is gone!

After Pic  - No more dingy paws!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That worked great! Pretty good stuff, it sounds like! Scout is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete